Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The prudent thing
Never really 
Helped anyone

Prudent means
Pretending to control
As though limiting your joy in the moment will imcrease your joy in the future

Everything that I want to do is not prudent.
So I do nothing.

I would like to run around dancgin, just dancing.  
I would to be brave and talk to strangers.  
I would like to travel and be uncomfortable.
I would like to have sex every damn day.
I would like to have a kid right now.  In the middle  of the city.  With lead paint walls and noise all night and no money.  
I would like to spend my days writing and reading and draw and dance my feelings.
I would like art to not need to be an event.  I would like art to be default.
I would like to put all the things away in the bedroom.
I would like a job where I talk to people again.  (But this one IS prudent.)
I would like to write songs and sing them at open mics.
I would like to be a better improv-er.
I would like to run until I permanently hit a zone.
I would like to be the parent that is comfortable getting dirty.
I would like to call my mom.
I need to call my dad.
I should call Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment