Wednesday, January 4, 2017

TIL 1/4/17:
That love feels like grace
That love is a kind of faith
Or faith is a kind of love

Though I trudged through downtown
In 'feels like' 16 degrees F
Wide rubber snow boots stomping out a path
With a loud swish with each swing of a arm or leg underneath my double layered grey parka

I noticed, I was warm
I felt like I was floating, like I was gracefully sweeping a single 1' above the sidewalk, never touching

There are moments I feel like I am Mary
Where I understand the sweetness of the gift you are blessing me with
Monday Jan 2 afternoon in the diner downtown
Empty because it was a holiday
And it was freezing outside
And in those teal blue bucket booth seats
The white winter sun shone blinding bright through our section's window
We smiled at each other, fearless
Like that second date at the hamburger place in Kahala
With more faith in letting go than per usual, per ever, save a few religious holy-spirit moments of knowing

So if there is a baby, there is a baby, and it is of God, and be it unto me as you have said
Nothing is ready except our hearts.



No comments:

Post a Comment